Boone 5 Disc is the gateway to carbon in our cyclocross lineup. It's a fully race-ready cyclocross bike, with a lightweight carbon frame and Front and Rear IsoSpeed to take the edge off rough courses. Cross-specific components, a geometry designed with input from pro racers, hydraulic disc brakes, and a 1x11 drivetrain make it a great choice for racers and gravel riders alike.
It's right for you if...
You're a cyclocross racer or gravel rider looking for the performance advantage of course-smoothing Front and Rear IsoSpeed and a lightweight OCLV Carbon frame.
The tech you get
An ultra-lightweight 600 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Front and Rear IsoSpeed, a 1x11 SRAM Rival drivetrain, and powerful flat mount hydraulic disc brakes that provide precision stopping power in even the messiest conditions.
The final word
Every aspect of Boone 5 Disc, from its proven CX geometry to its Quick Connect removable water bottle cage, was optimized with serious cyclocross aspirations in mind, but its versatility makes it the perfect companion when the race day is over, too.
Why you'll love it
- Carbon rules on the cross course—it's lighter, more forgiving, and more efficient than aluminum
- The combination of Front and Rear IsoSpeed cuts down on the fatiguing impacts of rough courses and increases compliance, giving you more traction when it matters
- Cross-specific design details like the Quick Connect removable water bottle cage and a 1x drivetrain add up to a better ride
- Boone's cross-specific geometry and tube shapes make shouldering easy so you can dominate all aspects of a race, including run-ups
|Frame||600 Series OCLV Carbon, front & rear IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Ride Tuned seatmast, 3S chain keeper, flat mount disc|
|Fork||Trek IsoSpeed Cross full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, flat mount disc, 395mm axle-to-crown|
Front: 12 x 100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12 x 142mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Affinity Disc, Tubeless Ready, 24-hole, 21mm width, presta valve|
|Hubs||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, centerlock disc|
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager CX3 Team Issue, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700 x 32c|
|Crankset||Praxis Alba M24, 24mm spindle|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1130, 11 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 1, medium cage, 36T max cog|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 11 speed|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival, 11 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, alloy, 31.8mm, 100mm reach, 124mm drop|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.