Byway is for days of endless hardpack exploration and gravel grinding while also providing noticeable efficiency on any pavement linking it all together. A swiftly smooth centerline is paired to a textured intermediate section that provides a seamless transition onto small outer knobs for unwavering traction in loose dirt and gravel. Prominent outer knobs also extend down the sidewall to provide an additional level of defense from roadside unpleasantries of all shapes and sizes.
Byway 34 is an identical replacement to the previously named Exposure 34 tire. We renamed the tire to create a uniform naming structure where all tires are named according to the tread pattern.
SG2 PUNCTURE PROTECTION:
Most sizes of this tire are available with our all-new SG2 Puncture Protection, which is a lightweight nylon insert that provides bead-to-bead coverage and ensures every area of the tire is defended against slashes and punctures. As events become progressively rougher and cyclists pedal farther, gravel gets tougher. It only makes sense for gravel tires to become tougher as well. Please refer to the charts below to determine which versions are available with SG2.
- Nylon fibers have a flat profile, which reduces the amount of rubber needed to fill the gaps between fibers and minimizes weight.
- Protected SG2 gravel tires feature a 120tpi casing, which improves suppleness compared to a traditional 60tpi tire.
- SG2 was specifically designed to be a puncture protection layer, but it also improves air retention and eliminates seeping at the sidewall.
- Smooth centerline for efficiency with diamond-shaped outer knobs for grip in the dirt.
- High volume tire enables a comfortable ride.
- Dual Compound rubber means a fast-rolling tire with great corning traction.
|Folding / 120 TPI / Black / TCS Light/Fast Rolling/Dual DNA/SG2 / 700c x 40||714401108400||W010-0840||WTB609268882|
|Folding / 120 TPI / Black / TCS Light/Fast Rolling/Dual DNA/SG2 / 700c x 44||714401108417||W010-0841||WTB602603292|